Saturday, March 26, 2011

Bday party crafting

Maelie's bday party prep is in full swing! I will probably post a recap on my other blog once the party is over, so we will see everything completed.

These are the cute hand made cupcake holders! Basically, it's a terra cotta pot and saucer painted and glued together! I took the idea on the Blue Cricket Design website, but modified it a bit.



So instead of having a big cake, each child will be getting a cupcake on this stand and they will also take the stand home with them. There is going to be a lizard glued to the rocks on each stand. The finished cupcake will fit inside of the cupcake holder that I cut out with a Sizzix die. The light brown circle on the stand is actually sand paper! It makes a sand texture but without the risk of having sand in your cupcake. The trim around the stand is a glittery cardstock. We can see it shine a little.



Here are the stands all together (minus the lizards.... my glue gun apparently doesn't like to glue lizards... so I will use a hotter one. Have I mentioned before how i LOVE prepping for Maelie's bday party?????



Initially, I had bought a variety of terra cotta pots in different sizes to try and figure out what worked for the cupcakes. Since I had extras of a few sizes, I painted them as well and decorated them with a sand paper trim and then added a pompom trim for a nicer finish! These stands will be used for chocolate and candy at the party.



I stacked two different sizes just so you can get the idea. Not sure if I would stack them at the party without gluing them first! Lots of little 8-9 year old hands may topple it over!



I also decided to get water bottles (our party is off-site) and make little water bottle hangers. Each little hanger will have some individual kool-aid packages.



Kids always love cute stuff! Even if it doesn't last....



I have a bunch of other things I am working on for Maelie's party. Have you noticed the theme yet?? Yes, indeed it is a reptile themed party!

1 comment:

  1. i LOVE it ! What great ideas, great job. The kids will flip !

    ReplyDelete